Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Very Lady Bug Birthday Party.

Little Miss Lylah Bug
I still cannot believe that our little girl is already two years old! I remember very vividly back to when I was pregnant and being annoyed at everyone telling me that it "will go very fast" and to "enjoy the little things" and "she'll be a teenager before you know it" blah, blah, blah. At the time I thought it was just another annoying thing that pregnant women had to deal with...kind of like when everyone thinks it's okay to touch your belly. 

BUT IT'S TRUE! The time has FLOWN by! And now I even find myself telling other pregnant friends to "enjoy them while they're young". Sheesh...now I'm getting old. 

Even though our little Bug is getting bigger, this is my favorite age yet! It is so cute watching her play and interact with her little friends. For her birthday party this year, I knew I wanted to make it super fun for her other two-year-old little buddies. 

Ten kiddos age 3 and under! Ha!

When I started to make up the guest list for the party, I sat back and laughed that we would be inviting more than 12 kids! Haha! This would definitely be a fun party. Between my husband and I's friends with kids, as well as family and their kiddos, we would have over 40 people coming...what happened to a simple kid party?? This was turning awesome! 


We decided to have the party and my husband's parents house. They have an amazing big backyard that was perfect! 

Despite a little soggy Oregon weather, the party turned out great!
Our BBQ theme was a big hit. 

I decided on a Lady Bug theme for her 2nd party. It seemed fitting since her nickname is "Lylah Bug". I'm not quite sure where the name came from, but it has stuck and will probably be with her for life...or at least until she hits high school and realizes she's too cool for it. Anyways, the BBQ plan for food and the outdoor setting went perfectly. It was a tad bit soggy, thanks to good ol' Oregon weather, but turned out to be super fun. 

I knew I wanted to try a candy table at this party. I've never attempted one before and I am always in awe of them when I see them at weddings or other parties! There is just something beautiful about a TON of candy...and I think the guests enjoyed taking some sweets with them to enjoy on the ride home. 

Isn't it awesome?!?!

My mom and sister-in-law made the cakes and cupcakes! 

The "Smash Cake"




I had a lot of fun making most of the decor myself. It's amazing what can be done with a bunch of scrapbook paper! I did buy some cute lady bug decor items from Party City as well as some red and black polka dot balloons. I found the polka dot table runner at a thrift store and used black plastic table cloths from the dollar store on all the outdoor tables. I did end up purchasing an instant download from Etsy for the Invitations (PapaCrabPaperie) and the Cupcake Toppers (digitalfield). I am so happy with how everything turned out! 

Each Kiddo got a goody-bag filled with a "lady Bug" net, bubbles, stickers and cute lady bug ears. (All found at the Dollar Tree).

One thing that my husband really wanted to do was a Pinata. I personally thought that two-year-olds might be a tad tooo young to be swinging a giant stick around...BUT it turned out to be the FUNNIEST thing ever, and one of THE BEST things at the party. It was hilarious!

Daddy teaching Lylah how to swing.

Klara was BY FAR the best hitter. LOL!!

Camden and Dad Ryan taking a swing.

CANDY!!

Another thing that my husband and my father-in-law really wanted to do was smoked ribs...so here's the shout out...they were messy, but so good!
Yep, here they are...

The party ended with our little bug digging into her cake. (I'm pretty sure all she had the entire day was pretzel chips and cake) Oh well, it was her day! 


Singing Happy Birthday!


The highchair bunting was made with scrap fabric, burlap pennants and glitter letters.  

What'd I tell ya? Pretzel Chips all day long! LOL!

Here are some more pictures of the party. It was such a fun day and I truly thank my sister-in-law Jenni for the amazing pictures! She took Lylah out back before the party got started and did a quick photo shoot with her as a birthday gift. The best gift ever! Thanks Jenni! You can check out her site here www.thejarfly.com

The Lady Bug fort...made by my mother and father-in-law out of an old refrigerator box! 

Trying to get a shot of all the kiddos...haha! 

Ring-Around-the-Rosie!

And they all fell down!

So much fun!!
Lylah's 2nd Birthday Photoshoot Pictures...

I love this one!

Happiest when she is on the go!

Just a girl and her balloon!

We LOVE this little BUG!



The party was so much fun! I thank all those who came to celebrate our Lady Bug turning TWO! And people..it seriously does go by fast...so enjoy it while you can! 

Until next time,

Britt


No comments:

Post a Comment